After 3 C-sections and exercise, I still have a big stomach, what is the best procedure me? (photos)

I have three boys in the ages of 7,4, and 1. All by c sections and I've tried exercising, doing the Shun T dance videos. It didn't help. I just got approved for the panniculectomy and my fear is that, when or if I ever lose my stomach the skIn wIll sag again. What should I do? And ameriagroup is paying for it.

After 3 c-sections and exercise, I still have a big stomach - what is the best procedure for me?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! I hope that these answers help! A panniculectomy is an excellent method for removing the excess skin and soft tissue of the lower abdomen (abdominal panniculus), often caused by weight loss. It is mainly performed to ameliorate symptoms caused by the abdominal apron such as hygiene issues, excoriations, rashes/infections, back pain, etc. A panniculectomy gives almost immediate relief from these issues as well as has been shown to stimulate additional weight loss as your activity level is increased after removal of the panniculus. An abdominoplasty is more of an aesthetic procedure in that as opposed to simply excising this excess tissue in a wedge to relieve complaints, an abdominoplasty focuses more on abdominal contouring, abdominal wall tightening, re-insetting the belly button, as well as often times the addition of liposuction.

I would highly recommend continued diet and exercise prior to any consideration for a panniculectomy or body contouring as getting down to your ideal weight prior to the procedure will certainly give you the best results as well as be the safest for you. Neither one is a weight loss procedure. Also, a continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you. You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options and in order to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right one for you. Depending on your examination, photo documentation, and discussion of your symptoms, insurance coverage may be possible. Discuss our plan with your surgeon as these are two separate, but related procedures - it may be a possibility. Best wishes for a wonderful result!