After the Tummy Tuck What Happens if Your Belly Doesn't Go Flat?

I had a tummy tuck 2 years ago and my belly didn't go flat. Why?

Tummy not flat

+2

This is tough to answer. It could be due to lax muscles that weren't tightened at the time of your original surgery. It could be due to lack of exercise or perhaps abdominal bloating from irregular bowel patterns or a cyst, say, on your ovary. There are a lot of possible causes. I would go back to have your doctor check it out.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck not flat after 2 years

+1

Hello Polk Girl,

I am sorry that you are not too happy with your current results.

It is very hard to speculate the cause of why your tummy tuck is not that flat without physical examination. It could be due to loose abdominal muscles, bowel problems, etc.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

TUMMY NOT FLAT AFTER ABDOMINOPLASTY (TUMMY TUCK)

+1

Hard to say without pictures, but it is possible that either your muscles weren't made tight enough or you haven't developed sturdy muscle tone.  Does exercise help? Are then any "bulges" when you flex?  Was the tummy tuck done predominantly for extra skin and fat?

Check your op note and see if the muscles were tightened.  If they were try a 6 week abdominal muscle work out regimen.

Daniel Greenwald, MD