How Will I Look After 1000G Reduction?

I am a black female..who is 5'8 210 lbs, my breast are about a 40 DDD-E-F(somewhere in that reange). I am scheduled to have a reduction of 1000 much of a decrease in cup sizes would you say this will be and do you think this is extreme...I am worried that my breast will be to small for my PS says it will be okay for my your honest opinion what do you think? P.S...I am looking to lose about 20 lbs before the surgery?

How Much Smaller Will I Be with 1,000 Gms Removed from Each Breast?

Your plastic surgeon will remove the appropriate amount of tissue to give you a nice shape and preserve the volume you want. The final weight will be determined after that is done. With your height and weight, the removal of 1,000 Gm should still leave you with the volume you want, but don't forget, we do not have any photos of you. Regarding insurance coverage, as an example, Blue Shield of Minnesota would require the removal of 800 Gm of tissue based on your height and weight. The rationale for this, is that if sufficient weight is not removed, the symptoms that are prompting the medical necessity determination for breast reduction, breast, shoulder, neck pain, and others, will not be relieved.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

305 South Drive
Mountain View, CA 94040

Breast reduction

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breast cup size after 1000 gm reduction

Typically most insurance companies require a minimum of 500 gms per breast to be removed to trigger coverage. With the average cup ranging from 150-200 cc, it is probable that this will produce a 2-3 cup reduction in size. However, this is only an estimate

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Size after 1000G Breast Reduction

With a 1000G Breast Reduction you will look around 4 sizes smaller.  There are 250 grams in a cup, so you will definitely notice a distinctive difference. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

525 Oak Centre Dr
San Antonio, TX 78258

Breast Surgery is Artistic

Breast surgery continues to be forced into an "analytical" box.  Breast surgery can not be reduced down to a formula.  First and foremost, if your breast reduction is being covered by insurance then the insurance company dictates the amount of tissue removed.  The breast can be reduced further if the plastic surgeon deems it safe and artistically believes the additional removal would be pleasing to compliment your body frame.  In that answer there is no mention of cup size.  You must trust your plastic surgeon's opinion and skill.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Appearance after Breast Reduction

For your frame, 1000gms sounds quite reasonable. You should have a nice dramatic result, yet maintain a large full breast like you are used to. 450 gms is one pound, so expect roughly 2 lbs per side. Final cup size cannot be guaranteed, as all bras fit differently.

Hayley Brown, MD, FACS

10001 South Eastern Ave.
Henderson, NV 89052

1000 gm breast reduction

It is hard to say in your case what that would look like.   I hav enot examined you or have seen photos. I do al ot of larger breast reductions in the 1000-2000 gms from each side.  In patients with DDD or larger this will often get them into a D-ish cup in most cases.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

1000G Reduction

Is it a 100 grams per side or in total? If per side I think you will be a small D or even still a DD. If 500 per side do not waste your time NOT ENOUGH. Best of luck A photo would have been a great help!

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Large Breast Reduction

It is impossible to tell what you will look like after a 1000cc breast reduction, since there is no real way to know how large in cc’s you are now without an examination or good pictures. It is usually very hard to make anyone too small, however. The one thing I can tell is that you need to lose a lot more than another 20 lbs. If you do lose another 20 lbs., you will go from being obese to just being overweight. You will still have a BMI of 29. To be healthy, you need to get your BMI down to 25, which means losing at least another 60 lbs. I would, personally, advise this before a breast reduction.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

209 Hospital Drive
Highlands, NC 28741

1000 Gram Breast Reduction

Without the opportunity to examine you or photos, I think that you will be very pleased with a 1000 gram reduction.  My best guess is that you will be somewhere in the D range post-op.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207