How Will I Look After 1000G Reduction?

I am a black female..who is 5'8 210 lbs, my breast are about a 40 DDD-E-F(somewhere in that reange). I am scheduled to have a reduction of 1000 grams...how much of a decrease in cup sizes would you say this will be and do you think this is extreme...I am worried that my breast will be to small for my frame...my PS says it will be okay for my frame...in your honest opinion what do you think? P.S...I am looking to lose about 20 lbs before the surgery?

Breast reduction

+1

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).

Breast cup size after 1000 gm reduction

+1

Typically most insurance companies require a minimum of 500 gms per breast to be removed to trigger coverage. With the average cup ranging from 150-200 cc, it is probable that this will produce a 2-3 cup reduction in size. However, this is only an estimate

Size after 1000G Breast Reduction

+1

With a 1000G Breast Reduction you will look around 4 sizes smaller.  There are 250 grams in a cup, so you will definitely notice a distinctive difference. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery is Artistic

+1

Breast surgery continues to be forced into an "analytical" box.  Breast surgery can not be reduced down to a formula.  First and foremost, if your breast reduction is being covered by insurance then the insurance company dictates the amount of tissue removed.  The breast can be reduced further if the plastic surgeon deems it safe and artistically believes the additional removal would be pleasing to compliment your body frame.  In that answer there is no mention of cup size.  You must trust your plastic surgeon's opinion and skill.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Appearance after Breast Reduction

+1

For your frame, 1000gms sounds quite reasonable. You should have a nice dramatic result, yet maintain a large full breast like you are used to. 450 gms is one pound, so expect roughly 2 lbs per side. Final cup size cannot be guaranteed, as all bras fit differently.

Hayley Brown, MD

1000 gm breast reduction

+1

It is hard to say in your case what that would look like.   I hav enot examined you or have seen photos. I do al ot of larger breast reductions in the 1000-2000 gms from each side.  In patients with DDD or larger this will often get them into a D-ish cup in most cases.

1000G Reduction

+1

Is it a 100 grams per side or in total? If per side I think you will be a small D or even still a DD. If 500 per side do not waste your time NOT ENOUGH. Best of luck A photo would have been a great help!

Large Breast Reduction

+1

It is impossible to tell what you will look like after a 1000cc breast reduction, since there is no real way to know how large in cc’s you are now without an examination or good pictures. It is usually very hard to make anyone too small, however. The one thing I can tell is that you need to lose a lot more than another 20 lbs. If you do lose another 20 lbs., you will go from being obese to just being overweight. You will still have a BMI of 29. To be healthy, you need to get your BMI down to 25, which means losing at least another 60 lbs. I would, personally, advise this before a breast reduction.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

1000 Gram Breast Reduction

+1

Without the opportunity to examine you or photos, I think that you will be very pleased with a 1000 gram reduction.  My best guess is that you will be somewhere in the D range post-op.

John Whitt, MD

Looking great after a 1000 gram breast reduction

+1

A very full breast reduction, 1000 grams or more per breast, is not extreme by any measure. Afterwards you will still be fairly full, perhaps a D-cup to a DD. Through years experience with breast reduction it is unlikely to make someone too small, and many wish that they could have been even smaller. I think your plastic surgeon is right and you will be OK.

peterejohnsonmd