How Soon After Surgery Can You Tell if You Are Encapsulating?

I have had 5 breast surgeries this year,(one implant exchange, two capsulectomies on the same side, hematoma on same side, and exploration and pocket cleaning/draining, same side) I am two weeks post op and my breast feels tight, and when I take a deep breath, it feels like way inside the breast is kind of stretching or pulling. PS says it's normal, but I have developed 2 capsules already and would like to prevent another from forming. Any advice/help?

Capsular contracture

As others have indicated the cause of capsular contracture is unknown. Bacterial involvement is currently a popular theory. Treatment can be frustrating with recurrence being common. The capsule does not start to form until about three weeks. Tightening can occur at any point. Although you could be experiencing swelling, it would be a little early for you to have capsular contracture. Depending upon the treatment you had, it may have been inadequate. For recurrent capsular contracture, placement of of allograft (skin substitute) is showing promise and I have personally had good results using this for the treatment of capsular contracture. It has been proven helpful in animal models and some clinical case studies. A large well done study is not yet available. There is nothing you can do to prevent this from happening again. The other options of vitamin E, massage, singulair, etc have not been shown to decrease the rate of capsular contracture. To my knowledge external ultrasound has not been studied. None of these methods have a significant downside and I would not necessarily discourage a patient of mie from trying them, but I do not advocate them. Fat grafting may been a viable option to augment the breast for implant failures although this is not FDA approved and our society's position is that this needs further investigation before becoming a recommended option. Depending on the size implants you have, fat grafting may not be able to duplicate the size increase.