After 3 Surgeries Still Have Lateral Dislocation of my Right Breast Implant What to Do? (photo)

trying to find research on forming breast pockets & using the new solid Natrelle or Sientra implants. Surgery 1 I had double mastectomy + expanders. A heart scan my left expander burned & it had to be removed. At this time Latissimus Dorsi Flap was done on left breast and implant placed in right breast which moved laterally almost under my arm. 3rd surgery small implant placed with the lat flap an new implant which has also migrated see picture

Revision Surgery following Breast Reconstruction is Common

+2

This is not an uncommon problem and there are several ways in which it can be remedied.

Most important is to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this problem  to evaluate you and let you know the pros and cons of each of your options.

Dislocation of my Right Breast Implant What to Do? (photo)

+2

You are a dream case for me because this is such an easy fix in the right surgeons hands. I say this often but only because it is very important. Choose a qualified board certified surgeon. I just did this case for a young lady with this exact problem last week. Very simply your pocket is way too wide on the right. You need part of that capsule removed and sutured down with permanent stitches. Then you may or may not need a peace of acellular dermis, Alloderm or Strattice are most popular, to support that repair. That is all you need!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Repair of implant malposition with Alloderm

+2

The pocket holding the implant appears to have weakened. A material called acellular dermal matrix (such as Alloderm or Strattice) can be uwed as a sort of internal bra to support the pocket and keep the implant in place. A muscle flap is not usually needed for this.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast Reconstruction

+2

Your right breast implant has been displaced laterally and inferiorly.

This can be repaired with closing the pocket laterally and inferiorly and support the repair with acellular matrix.

Other possibility is a latismus flap on the right as well

After 3 Surgeries Still Have Lateral Dislocation of my Right Breast Implant What to Do?

+1

You have a very common problem seen after breast reconstruction 

I use a synthetic mesh to form an internal bra to correct these problems

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon