Sub-Q for PIDD for 8 Yrs. Hanging Scar Tissue in Tummy. Can It Be Removed?

I have been doing subq in tummy for 8 yrs. The last 6 months the skin has become mushy feeling and now is just hanging down. What can be done. My dtr is only 16 and this is really affecting her. She has PIDD / CVID

Tummy Tuck and Immune Deficiency

+2

The immune deficiency disorder can be a significant risk factor for wound healing and infection in an elective surgical procedure. Your plastic surgeon will want to discuss this with your internist to be sure your daughter's status is optimized for surgery.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

The answer is yes, the question is should it be?

+1

This is something that would need to be worked out with the oncologist taking care of the patient, to be sure that surgery would not create any medical issues.  It would be worth exploring with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Your oncologist will know someone that they trust in your town.

Good luck,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon