After Smartlipo Questions. Bruising/Swelling No Getting Better. Normal?

I have my smartlipo for 5 days already, bruise is horrible and swollen is not getting any better. Drain spots closed. My Tummy is bigger than before. Doctor told me the suction is about 1100cc, but the medication of numbness used is the max about 2200cc. Is that normal? Since the procedure took more than 5 hours just for my upper and lower abdomen, and I just got to know the doctor only have 10 smartlipo patients before. I worried very much now. Any doctor can advise? I need help desperately.

Bruising and swelling after lipo

+1
Swelling can be worse in the days after your surgery and you're still pretty early on in your recovery. It will go away, but make sure you wear your compression garment as advised and drink plenty of fluids. Cut back on sodium, too and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Bruising and swelling after liposuction

+1
Bruising and swelling are common after liposuction and tend to subside within about 2-3 weeks, although it can take longer. The final result can usually be assessed at 3-4 months.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Bruising/Swelling after SmartLipo

+1

It may be possible a few weeks after surgery anything longer ask your doctor.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

+1

Five days is not enough time for recovery.  You are still swollen and bruising would be normal after five days as well. Swelling and bruising can last for weeks and all swelling to go down could be several months. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Lipo

+1

Because a lot of fluid is injected durin the procedure, swelling after the procedure isnormal. Bruising is also normal. Visible results takes weeks to months. Be patient.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD