What Should I Do After Smartlipo MPX to Have the Best Results?

Smartlipo upper/lower, flanks and "bra fat" 3 wks ago. No results thus far. I am still swollen and tender in my lower abs, and honestly I look the same as before. If it wasn't for the muscle spasms, or the tender spots that I have, I wouldn't even know I had a procedure done. Should I be taken some kind of pills to help reduce swelling. I had to ask Dr. about the anica gel. Doesnt seem to work. Should I get a professional massage. I still wear a garment 24/7.

Post Smartlipo

+1
At only 3 weeks you certainly have swelling that would mask the result of your surgery. I tell my patients to be careful about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. It can easily take 2-3 months to see your final results after a big surgery like you had.  Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Give yourself time to heal

+1
If you have not seen improvement with the Smartlipo procedure I recommend making a follow up appointment with your doctor. You may still be going through the healing process; after 1 year you may be eligible to have a Liposonix treatment to melt unwanted fat deposits. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Patience following procedure

+1

The one thing that we always see with patients is that they always want to see immediate results. Although this concept is totally understandable, you must have patience in seeing the final results. The one thing that takes the longest period of time is the formation of collagen which will show a dramatic increase in tightening. The inflammatory response will take up to 6 - 8 weeks before all of the lumps and bumps to resolve. Right now you probably have sweeping and inflammation which will cause it to look larger than it will at the end of the process. Let your body go through it's normal process and you'll probably look great. Take care

Jeffrey Adelglass, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post operative care after Smart Lipo MPX surgery

+1

At just 3 weeks post Smart Lipo MPX surgery, you are still in the early recovery period.  The fact  that you are still sore and swollen is normal and your tissues will probably shrink further over the next 3 to 6 weeks.  You can help speed this process along by:

1) Continue to wear your compression garments

2) Massage the treated areas - this will re-establish lymphatic drainage

3) Use a skin moisturizer to help tone the skin

4) Limit your fluid and salt intake as this will result in fluid retension  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo - Post op protocol

+1

We have our patients take Sin-nech before and after surgery, we use a compression garment for 3 weeks, sometimes 4. Majority of our Smartlipo or laser liposuction procedures are done with local anesthesia and as outpatients, therefore, a few minutes AFTER surgery the patient is discharged home. Most will take a day or two after work, some have resumed work the next day - it really depends on what kind of work you do. J. Vicente Poblete, MD, FACS, Avon Lake, Ohio

J. Vicente P. Poblete, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Exercise is the best healing remedy after liposuction

+1

Exercise is the best healing remedy after liposuction. In my experience low impact aerobics increases metabolism and therefore increases the speed of healing.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Check back with the doctor who did the procedure.

+1

Check back with the doctor who did the procedure.  If he/she is a expert with extensive experience, he/she will be able to advise you. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon