After Smart Lipo Surgery, What is the Difference Between Weight Lost and Inches Lost? Which is Greater? (photo)

I keep seeing all these posts saying that after surgery no one is happy with the weight lose...but seeing before and after pics its a HUGE difference. So I would just like someones opinion on the difference between actual weight lose and inches lost. I go for my surgery Nov. 28 2012 im 5'9 180lbs. I have gained A LOT of weight this year and it has been so stressful and shocking. i was 138lbs in January. Im getting my upper and lower abs back/flanks knees inner/outer thighs

Results after SmartLipo versus weight loss

+1

After SmartLipo, you will see a significant loss in inches but not a significant change in weight.  This is generally true in most body contouring procedures such as a tummy tuck as well.  The reason is that fat actually is very light per volume.  So removing one inch of fat is much different than removing one inch of muscle as far as weight goes.  Also, there is fat stored in several areas of your body.  This includes in the subcutaneous (below the skin) space as well as around your internal organs.  SmartLipo only removes some of the subcutaneous fat and not the internal fat.  The best way to lose weight is through exercise and diet.  No plastic surgery operation is meant for weight loss, only improving your figure.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

SmartLipo results

+1

Typically with Smart Lipo you would lose inches. If you also did diet and exercise you can see a difference on the scale and in inches. Of course everyone’s body reacts differently.