How Soon After a Silicone Breast Implant Removal Can I Start Fertility Treatment?

I have had my silicone breast implants for over 5 years and have made the decision to have them removed rather than the MRI monitoring for rupture. I have had a child and successfully breastfed during the time of having my implants. I would like to try to have another child. How soon after removal can I start fertility treatment? Also, would the removal impact breast feeding? Thank you, NGS

Post Implant Removal and Fertility Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Fertility clinics have different regimens so they are the ones to ask this question. Usually 2-3 months is sufficient, but they may have a protocol they follow. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fertility Treatments Following Implant Removal

+1

After implant removal, 4 to 6 weeks to form a stable scar that puts you at less risk for infection, hematoma, and fluid collection should be observed.

Breast Implant Removal and Beginning Fertility Treatment?

+1

Your “fertility doctor” will be in the best position to advise you precisely. I do not see any reason why the treatments cannot be started relatively quickly after removal of breast implants. I'm sure your  fertility specialist will want to have all of the medications used during the time of breast surgery to be out your system.

Breast implant removal will not negatively impact your ability to breast-feed.

Best wishes with ALL of your planned  “projects”.

+1

That question is best posed to the fertility physician. As to nursing, you should not have any deleterious effects from the removal.

Thanks and best wishes.

Silcone implant removal anf fertility treatments

+1

I owuld first want you to be completely healed from the implant removal, but then you shoudl talk to your fertility specialist to give you the final answer.