How Should It Look After a Shave Mole Removal in my Forehead?

I had a mole in my forhead that I recently got removed 4 days ago by shave procedure. How should my forehead look after that to me it looks brown. What are my options should I go get some laser or what ? Please help

What should a shaved mole look like after procedure

+2

It sounds to me like you have a light scab, which you do not want. Though we were told as children to let things scab over to heal, in all actuality, scabs equate to scars. You want to keep the area clean and free of scabs or crusts. You need to clean the area a few times a day with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 water and then keep the site very moist with a topical product like Polysporin or Vaseline. As the area heals a pinkish skin will appear there and that's what you want.

Mole removal

+1

You want to keep the area clean and moist as possible.  Use Vaseline or Aquaphor to keep the area moist.  This will help to prevent the area from scabbing over and potentially scar. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Shaved mole should be taken care of like a laser resurfacing

+1

This will heal over. The shave though has a higher likelihood of recurrence out of all the methods to remove the mole.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shave removal of a mole

+1

The brown you see is probably a crust caused by cauterization to stop any bleeding.  Do not pick but keep the area moist with Vaseline.  It will take about 2 weeks to heal and will be pink for a while.  Avoid the sun until the pinkness fades.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist