How Soon After Sculptra I Can Have Ultherapy Done? Has Any Adverse Result Been Reported on This? Thanks.

Sculptra and Skin Tightening Procedures

+1
There is no contraindication in getting Sculptra and Skin Tightening Procedures like Ulthera or Thermage.  You cannot do the procedure at the same time.  Since the face can be swollen from Sculptra injections for up to two weeks and needs to be massaged for five days I would prefer to do Thermage or Ulthera first before the injections.  We have great results in combining both modalities for overall rejuvenation.

Sculptra and Ulthera together is OK

+1

I am unaware of any issues of combining these two treatments; nor any studies comparing efficacy of these two treatments at the same visit vs. separate visits vs. one or the other.

However, Dr. Salzberg, in his answer, opines that he does both together with good results.

We prefer Exilis monopolar RF for tightening / lifting (over Ulthera) and have combined both Exilis and Sculptra, at separate treatment sessions with excellent results.

Robert Strimling, MD

Both together!

+1

We have done both at same time and this works very well.The ultratherapy doesnt penetrate deeply to affect the sculptra. My suggestion would be to do both and you should be happy.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Ultherapy

+1

I am not aware of any negative effect on Sculptra from ultherapy treatment however, many physicians are awaiting studies, should they be done, to evaluate whether or not the Ultherapy can induce a shorter duration of benefit of the Sculptra's volume effect or if there is any change in the structure of the Sculptra from the Ultherapy energy that would make it react in an unfavorable way. There is no definitive answer to your question. Certainly, a prudent course to follow would be for the Sculptra to dissolve over two years prior to doing Ultherapy while waiting for a consensus to be reached. If studies prove their is no ill-effect then you could have the treatment possibly sooner.

Ronald Shelton, MD