After Rhinoplasty, Nose Side Walls Problem? (photo)

I had a rhinoplsty 2 yrs ago. I had a thick nose with very broad bridges for ma face & round tip. The surgeon said that he would sharpen my nose. But now i find my nose very unnatural and unproportionate as compared to b'fore. And he razed smthing from the side walls as a result, the nose shrinked frm both sides. Though it is sharp but bridges ends now look more broad and unnatural. I have a breathing prob too as some flesh frm both sides have com down obstructing the air while breathing. Help plz

Rhinoplasty Collapse and Widened Nose

+1

A revision rhinoplasty would be in order to correct both your nasal valve collapse and address your widened nose.  It would be very helpful to know what was done in the previous operation.

Skilfully done revision rhinoplasty usually works.

+1

Hi.

It does look like you need a revision.  I recommend seeing two experienced plastic surgeons for consultations.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asian - Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

From the pics, it looks like you still have an amorphous, bulbous tip with wide nostrils. You may also have nasal valve collapse. Find a surgeon that has alot of experience with ethnic rhinoplasty. See link below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

It's difficult to diagnose revision rhinoplasty problems from a photo

+1

The photos posted certainly show some issues. However, you also mention breathing problems as well. To really get an educated opinion on what needs to be done to improve both the appearance and function of your nose you should see a revision rhinoplasty specialist. Someone really needs to touch and look inside your nose for a proper diagnosis and to make suggest a reasonable plan.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Kajol,

The pictures you posted are small and difficult to see all the details.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon to address your breathing issues and poor cosmesis from your rhinoplasty.  You may need spreader grafts.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)