After a Rhinoplasty, my Nose Looks the Same? (photo)

I had a tip rhinoplasty 3.5 months ago. I only see a subtle difference on my before and after photo. I've attached photos of the evolution of my nose,and it seems like since the surgery it has become bigger and bigger. I'm surprised because I read everywhere people telling how huge their noses were after the surgery. Me it is the contrary. is it normal? At least my nose is not a disaster, I know it will still elvove, maybe there is still some swelling, what do you think? Thx for advice

Results of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

I am assuming the chronological order of your photos is from left to right, and if that is the case, I agree your changes have been subtle. The nose, and particularly the tip of the nose can take upwards of a year to recover, and for all associated swelling to resolve.

The first 3 months post-operatively involve some of the most obvious changes, however from the 3 month to 12 month post-op period, healing continues, and your tip may become increasingly more narrow.

I would recommend you wait the full 12 months before you make your final assessment of your rhinoplasty results. 

Wishing you a favourable outcome.

Change in nasal tip

+1

Assuming your photographs are in chronological order, look at the first and the last. There is definitely narrowing of the bulbous tip. The subtle results are better results as it will definitely continue to change. You should give it more time (a total of one year) before you make any decisions on repeat surgery.

Regards

Dr J

Disclaimer:

This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

No change after rhinoplasty

+1

I understand your concerns. There is some change to your nose but it is rather subtle. The swelling in the tip of the nose can certainly take 6 months and even up to a year to resolve. Especially if you had an open rhinoplasty. Keep in contact with your surgeon and keep the lines of communication open.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Post Rhinoplasty Results

+1

It is far to early to see where the final result will be.  It may need a secondary procedure but do not let anyone reoperate before 12 months have passed.  

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results and disappointment

+1

While you may be right that the surgery did not achieve your objectives, it is too early to judge the results without reservation. At this point, express your concerns to your surgeon in a calm but complete manner. While it is too early for a revision, your surgeon can compare your results with your preoperative photo and stated objectives for the surgery. Your surgeon can discuss your options and the appropriate time to consider revision surgery, if necessary.

After a Rhinoplasty, my Nose Looks the Same?

+1

I must agree with you. A secondary operation is needed, even a open techniques should be considered. 

Same Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Attali,

Thank you for posting your photos. It would have helped to have your entire face depicted to compare the changes.

Nonetheless, at the 3.5 months mark I believe it is too early to judge your final results especially that they get established at about 1 year post surgery.

That said, your surgeon may have been conservative with the surgery and if you are to become unsatisfied with your results, a second surgery could be planned after you achieve full recovery.

Thank you for your question and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Same

+1

After 12 months one may elect for more nasal surgery.  D nose to C nose to B nose to A nose is what I tell my patients.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon