After Getting a Rhinoplasty when is It Safe to Get a Nose Piercing? Two Years?

When is it safe to get a nose piercing after rhinoplasty?

+2

Two years should definitely be sufficient time after a rhinoplasty to get a nose piercing.  It possibly could be done sooner, but it would depend on exactly what was done during the rhinoplasty and where exactly the piercing was going to be.  I would check with your rhinoplasty surgeon, since he or she will have the most information about your particular surgery, and thus, would be the most qualified to answer your question.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Piercing After Rhinoplasty

+1

Two years should be enough time to get a nose piercing. Typically, it takes up to a year for most people to recover completely from their rhinoplasty so it is possible to get a nose piercing even before two years. I would recommend asking your facial plastic surgeon about your case just to be safe.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

+1

Two years should be enough time.  If healing is complete, the piercing could be contemplated.  I would ask your surgeon.

Nasal piercing after rhinoplasty

+1

No hard and fast rule on this one, but you might consider waiting until healing is complete, and you are certain that no revision is in the works, about six to twelve months.

2 years is plenty for nose piercing after rhinoplasty. But . . .

+1

. . . there are potential problems including cartilage infection, loss of structural support, and bad scar formation (like ear pierce keloids). I've had to "fix" a few of these issues, so I mention them not to scare you, but to inform you that there are risks with everything. Thanks for asking! (BTW, you should ask your surgeon) Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How Long Should You Wait to get a Nose Piercing Following Rhinoplasty?

+1

Unless the hardware placed through the piercing is exceptionally bulky or heavy -- and so long as you aren't sensitive to the material placed, 3 months should be an adequate amount of time to wait for a piercing.  Sooner than this might instigate more bleeding than usual since the healing is still in a relatively early stage and thus the blood supply is greater during this period.  2 years is more than enough time to wait.  Go for it.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose piercing okay two years after rhinoplasty.

+1

I can see no contraindication to nose piercing two years after rhinoplasty. As a courtesy however you should ask your plastic surgeon about this.