After a Rhinoplasty Revision 5 Yrs Ago I Have Small Broken Vessels & Purple Tone to my Nose Skin?

It is very noticable. I do have an implant if that makes a difference. What type of laser is best. I live in the NY/NJ area.

Post Rhinoplasty Effects

+1

Thank you for your question. Find a Board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with expertise in laser surgery. I would recommend a V-Beam Perfecta by Syneron/Candela, and this should be very helpful in reducing the vascular discoloration you are seeing.  Any time there is trauma in the nose area, there is a risk of vessel formation on the surface. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Rhinoplasty - effect on nose skin

+1

That does occassionally  happen with lifting any skin on the body.  All rhinoplasties do include some lifting of the skin to allow work to be done on the structure of the nose.  Our protocol is to start with IPL focusing on getting the little spider veins and broken capillaries to soften.  I avoid any laser treatment for these tiny veins unless the caliber of the vessel is bigger. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Treating Blood vessels on the nose

+1

There are a few effective lasers and light treatments for the blood vessels on your nose.  I think pulsed dye laser would be the best option, but intense pulsed light and ND:yag lasers would also work. Good luck. 

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL or pulsed dye laser for blood vessels

+1

It is very common to develop veins on and around your nose, especially after rhinoplasty.  These are growing veins, not broken veins. Your veins can be successfully treated with intense pulsed light or a pulsed dye laser such as the V-beam.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist