After a Rhinoplasty to Remove a Bulbous Tip, Can the Tip of the Nose Eventually Drop over Time and Once the Splint is Removed?

Hello, I am 48 hours post-op to remove a bulbous, lethnic looking tip. The doctor said that my nose may look like my mothers nose at first, which is pointy and slightly pointing up. (Which looks good for a woman) I wanted to confirm that this is the case, for my own sanity. Is this known to happen in cases like this? I have posted a before and after image. "after" image was computer animated.

Tip drop following rhinoplasty

+2

It is not abnormal for the nose to be turned up after surgery. The tip will relax to its final position close to two weeks after surgery, and this can take longer depending on the patient. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty tip drop

+2

Generally speaking the majority of good rhinoplasties, due to swelling and natural dynamics, will initially look a little more turned up in the first three months than a patient may desire. It should then begin to drop into its normal position. Warning patients of this is a proper pre-operative thing to do so as to relieve immediate post operative anxiety

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

With the tape and splint on the nose, you will not be able to evaluate the result.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA