How Soon After Rhinoplasty Can I Get Radiesse Injections on my Nose?

I underwent augmentation rhinoplasty with rib cartilage 3 weeks ago. How soon after can I get radiesse or restalyn filler injected into my nose for more augmentation?

Radiesse Injections after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry you did not get adequate augmentation during your recent surgery. Do you plan on having fillers injected intermittantly the rest of your life? As long as the injections are done conservatively, I would wait about 3 months.

Radiesse to the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

The biggest issue with rhinoplasty recovery is SWELLING!!!  Always and every patient wants it to subside sooner. The reason to wait is that you will likely over or under correct an area as what you look at on the outside is a combination of skin, soft tissue, scar, bone or cartilage and swelling.  As the swelling resolves it may make things better, or worse.

Injecting the nose too soon may cause you to add too much or too little. One other issue with injecting the nose too soon is that the tissues haven't fully adhered to the one and cartilage in the early stages and a filler could more easily migrate to other (unwanted) areas of the nose. 

Patience is truly a virtue here. Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Please wait

+1

It is too early to start to get fillers. I would recommend to wait at least 3-6 months.You still have a lot of swelling and you will see the final result in few months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I have used Silikon-1000 as early as 6 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery for nasal augmentation.

+1

If you would like further augmentation after your Rhinoplasty Surgery, it's best to wait for most of your swelling to subside. Swelling of your bridge tends to dissipate before tip swelling. If your bridge is too low 6-8 weeks after your surgery, a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may be helpful. I do not have any personal experience with either Radiesse or Restylane for nasal augmentation. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results. Feel free to email a frontal and profile photo, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse filler to nose after a nose job:

+1

In my opinion, this is far too early to undergo injection. I would recommend waiting a minimum of 4-6 months. Discuss this with your surgeon.