After Rhinoplasty Nose Looks Crooked. Will That Straighten out Later?

It's been about a little over a week after my rhinoplasty my nose feels and looks a little crooked and my breathing is better in one nostril is that just swelling or is it actually crooked?

Nose is crooked after Rhinoplasty, Nose Surgery

+2

Hi,

You had rhinoplasty only one week ago and your splint was just removed...

This is very early in the post operative period. Please be patient and allow the natural healing process take its course.

There will be a great deal of change and resolution of swelling over the next few months.

During the next 3  months you would be able to evaluate the nose, mid-line of the face and other facial features to determine if your nose is crooked.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Nose Appears Crooked One Week after Surgery

+1

Normal post-op swelling may make the nose look crooked and compromise breathing one week after surgery. Wait 6-9 months before you try to critique your result.

Nose still crooked

+1

Swelling may still be causing it to look crooked. This last up to a year. I would only recommend a revision after 9months.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nose Looks Crooked One Week After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Anon in LA,

I told you today at your follow up visit to be patient!  Just kidding.

You should discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon and do be patient as your swelling resolves.  Over time, if you are still concerned about your nose, come back to RealSelf with your questions.  I hope that your nose heals perfectly and that you are very happy with the results.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nose straightening after rhinoplasty.

+1

When the swelling goes down you will be able to tell. It takes 6-12 months to know this so be patient.

Rhinoplasty and Immediate Postop

+1

You are very early on and my patients have their splint on at one week.  I do tape again for another week.  So usually we can not comment on the nose at all until the second week and even then I really dont look much into things.

It takes a few months before the majority of the swelling has subsided and we can assess things then.

Hope that helps.  At this point I would sit tight and relax.  At about 2 months time you can reevaluate things.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

At one week out from rhinoplasty, there is still some swelling in and around the nose, and this may be contributing to the crooked appearance of the nose as well as to any respiratory difficulties you are experiencing. You should address your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next visit.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD