After Rhinoplasty my Nose Looks Even Bigger Than Before and a Hump is Now Present?

I am 14 days post rhinoplasty today and am feeling very depressed because i feel like my nose is even bigger than before. My profile is slightly better but the front of my nose is very broad and chunky all the way from the top to the tip :( I am very concerned because i can feel the bone at the top of my nose and they say that your skin swells not your bone, does this mean that my bone is going to stay this big ? Also, a hump is present at the top of my nose which never existed before. HELP :(

One year - for sure

+2

Hi:

There is absolutely no way you can tell what your nose looks like right now.

It takes at least three months for the swelling to be 75% gone and up to a year for it to be 100% gone.

Given that well known time span - imagine how little you have healed at two weeks!

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+2

Everyones nose is swollen after rhinoplasty, especially if an open technique is used. I concur with everyone that has answered.  It will take several months to know what your nose will look like.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Nose Appears Larger Two Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+2

Gid Day Aussie,

It is far too early after your surgery to be "depressed" about the appearance of your nose, although it is common for patients to get a little depressed after cosmetic surgical procedures.  Be patient with your healing process.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  It sounds as if you are touching your nose too much.  There is "boney" swelling after rhinoplasty as well as soft tissue swelling.  I hope that you love your new nose once your nose settles from the surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Unhappy 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1
You're going to hear this from most plastic surgeons so take comfort in our consistency: it is way too early to worry about how you look. Give it 3 months until the swelling starts to subside. It will take longer than that to see the final results. But you should start seeing some improvement by then.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rhinoplasty concerns

+1

It is much too soon after rhinoplasty to feel that what you see now is the final result.  If you notice a bump that wasn't there before, in all likelihood this represents swelling.  It is highly unlikely that your surgeon would have done something to make your bone appear larger.  Talk with your surgeon in follow-ups and he or she can evaluate your concerns.  Please be patient.  Things should improve significantly over the next month, although it can take a full year for the nose to mature.

Robert Wilke, MD
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - nose looks bigger

+1

Please be patient.  2 weeks after your surgery is too early to tell what your final result will look like.  It really takes a long time for the swelling to go down - even if you are feeling the bone, the soft tissues around it are still swollen.  If you have any concerns, you should comfortable talking to your surgeon.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Rhinoplasty results are not final after 2 weeks.

+1

It is very early after surgery and the nose is very swollen. Give it at least 6 months for the results to settle.