After Rhinoplasty There Are Two Lines Down the Center of my Nose - Is This Cartalige or Bone?

After R-plasty there are two lines down the center of my nose where the bone was rasped off. I know that the bottom half of nose is cartalige. Are these two lines cartalige from underneath where the hump bone was rasped off or still bone..Thanks!

Lines Down the Center of Nose after Rhinoplasty

The lines down the center of your nose may be cartilage and/or bone, depending on their exact location. Your surgeon is the best person to answer your question. 

Appearance of lines from rhinoplasty

It is not either bone or cartilage but both.  The upper one third is cartilage whereas the lower two thirds tends to be cartilage.

Two lines down side of nose

There can be several things that may cause lines down the sides of the  nose. It may represent the nasal bones that are a bit prominent. It can also be spreader grafts or cartilage formt he middle vault. Hard to say without an exam.

Two Lines down the Center of the Nose after Nose Surgery

The nasal hump is basically a roof where the walls converge. The upper part of the roof is made by converging nasal bones while the lower (close to the tip) part of the roof is made up by the convergence of the upper lateral cartilages. When a nasal hump is reduced, we essentially take the roof off and then push the top of the now shorter walls together so they meet creating a shorter roof. IF the walls were not pushed together properly or sprung back, an OPEN ROOF DEFORMITY may result in which you may be looking at the ends of the walls head on. You need to be seen by your surgeon and see what can be done to correct this. Dr. Peter Aldea

Two Lines Down the Center (Dorsum) of the Nose Following Rhinoplasty

Hi BP,

Your surgeon can best answer your question.  The "lines" may be the edges of your nasal bones, or they may be the edges of cartilage spreader grafts (if they were used).  Consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon