After a Rhinoplasty, Do Dents in Side of Bridge Get Worse As Time Passes?

I had a rhinoplasty about two weeks ago, and already the right side of my bridge dents inward. it looks weak and lacks support (looks scooped out). i fear as the swelling goes down it will look even more asymmetrical than it does now. is there a way to fix this eventually, to get each side of my bridge to match again? also as the years pass will this dent continue to dent in? i feel getting this rhinoplasty was the worse decision i have ever made by far, period.

Dents in Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+2

Wait until healing is relatively complete at 10-12 months after surgery before scheduling a revision. This depression and/or asymmetry can be fixed by repositioning the nasal bones or filling the depression with cartilage, fascia, or fillers. Don't give up hope.

Nasal Asymmetry can correct itself

+2

Hi Annon,

Here is my general suggestions;

• This is too  early to make a judgment about your nose.
  • There is a great deal of swelling during the first 6 weeks after surgery.
  • please wait for six months
  • if you have any deformity after 6-9 months, bring it up to the attention of your surgeon and/or see a revision rhinoplasty specialist for second opinion.

Hope this is helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nasal asymmetry will change after rhinoplasty.

+2

It takes at least 6 months to decide anything about your nose. Be patient and if you are dissatisfied after 6f months see an experienced revision rhinoplasty expert.

A dent in the side of your bridge after Rhinoplasty may be improved with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

Two weeks is too soon to judge your result after Rhinoplasty Surgery. It's possible that the "dent" you see on your right bridge, may actually only be from swelling on your left bridge.

If the indentation worsens over the next several months, you may consider consultation with a physician familliar with the use of Injectable Fillers for your nose. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon