How Soon After Revision Rhinoplasty Can Radiesse Be Used for Minor Touch-ups?

Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

I would suggest that you consult with your revision rhinoplasty surgeon for an answer. It is obvious from the posts that there are several opinions. If you a comfortable with your surgeon, trust his/her judgment.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and touch ups

+2

Never.

You should not need touch up treated with fillers. If a problem exists it must be adressed surgically after the swelling has subsided. Fillers will not correct problems on a permanent basis, and you risk potential complications.

Best of luck

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for rhinoplasty touch-up

+1

It depends where on the nose you wish to have Radiesse injected - in the lobule area (tip and alae) it should really be avoided but on the bridge and sidewall it is probably safe to use SMALL amounts of Radiesse - I'd prefer to wait 2-3 months

Sam Naficy, MD

Radiesse After Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The Radiesse, used to fill in defects primarily, can be injected into the nose in as soon as 3 weeks or so.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Contour Irregularities

+1

I would try to wait at least 3 months before considering placement of a filler for post rhinoplasty deformites and even longer for any revision rhinoplasty, as many subtle irregularities may resolve with time.  That being said if there is a significant contour irregularity which is visually concerning then I would consider placement of a "temporary" filler such as an HA.  While this may not be a perfect longterm solution, making some effort to improve the appearance of  the nose while it is continuing to heal goes along way with the unhappy patient.

Christopher Tolan, MD
Saint Paul Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend you wait until the post operative appearance is stable, at least 4-6 months. You don't want to augment and contour an area that will change in the near future as swelling resolves.

Rhinoplasty (nose job) revision with fillers (Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm, Artefill, Silikon, etc)

+1

Some surgeons may answer: Never. The use of fillers in the tip is practiced by many physicians while others shun this practice. The answer may depend on the technique used where a longer period is recommended for those with an open tip approach such as 6 months to a year whereas a closed approach could possibly injected sooner around 3-6 months depending on the resolution of the fibrosis.

Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to wait till all the swellinf is completely disappeared. then you can do the toutch up with radiesse

Well-performed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures may be performed as early as 1 month after your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

You ask a great question. In my practice, I'm passionate about Rhinoplasty Surgery. I may use Silikon-1000 (an off-label, permanent, injectable-filler) liberally in my Rhinoplasty patients to address minor irregularities that may arise during the healing period. The earliest I've used Silikon-1000 in the nose is 4 weeks post-op: for a minor indentation in the nasal bridge. Approximately 20% of my rhinoplasty surgery patients will benefit from a small amount of Silikon-1000. My rhinoplasty surgery patients are not charged an additional fee, and "touch-ups" are painless, without downtime, and permanent.

I don't have any personal experience using Radiesse for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Radiesse Touch ups

+1

Hi,

It all depends what your looking to touch up but I assume its minor. I suggest waiting at least 6 months after the initial surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS