How Soon After Revision Rhinoplasty Can I Have Another Operation to Fix Cartilage Issue?

Had Revision Rhino and Septoplasty a month ago. I now have a huge lump of scrunched-up cartilage running alongside the middle third of my bridge. That was the side the septum was deviating towards but i didnt have this issue before yet i have it now that the septum got straightened? Why? This is NOT simply swelling. It looks worse daily as the skin is now wrapping around it. How soon can i have this taken care of? Would this require another open rhino or something less invasive?

How soon after revision rhinoplasty can I have another surgery to fix issue with cartilage?

+2

It is difficult to provide you with accurate advice without seeing photos or performing an exam. In general, one month post-op is too soon to judge the final result of your procedure. You will still be swollen, and the swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. 70% of the swelling will go down after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result is not evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend giving a little time and seeing how you heal. If necessary, it is best to wait around one year before having any revision work performed. You surgeon should be able to answer any of your post-operative concerns, as they know the details of your surgery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Cartilage graft irregularities can happen. It would best to be seen in person to evaluate. Often you have to wait until things soften up to remove this.  Best to see your surgeon.

+1

You might want to wait several more months to see if things get sorted out as the minimum time between Revision Rhinoplasties is 6 months.  This allows the blood supply to re-establish within the nasal tissues following a Rhinoplasty Surgery.