How soon after getting Restalyn (sp) lip injections can you get more injected?

Got lip injections done 2 weeks ago, loved the look when my lips were swollen, but now that the swelling is gone I don't have much of a difference from before the injections. Wanting to know if I can get more injected, or do I have to wait a certain length of time before I can go back get more. Just feel like the same lips and spend 500.00 for nothing.

Restylane and Lip Injections

+1
Restylane is a great product to give you a natural injection.  However if you are unhappy with the results I would recommend you having additional product injected or having Juvederm injected which will give you more volume.

How soon to get more restylane

+1

I generally advise waiting 2 weeks to let any swelling or bruising settle down. After 2 weeks, feel free to come back for more filler for your lips. Especially for the lips, its good to be conservative since you can always add more filler later; this way it is more gradual and natural looking. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for lips

+1
After 2 weeks, any swelling from the Restylane injections should be gone and you can return for additional treatment.  Most first time patients are afraid to have too much filler injected into their lips, but like the look of their swollen lips and then return for more Restylane.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

It is smart to under-treat the lips with fillers.

+1

It is smart to under-treat the lips with fillers. You can always add more, but over correction can be quite strange looking. It is fine to have a second treatment after a week or so to let the swelling go away so you can see the final result.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

More Restylane in lips? When?

+1

It will be fine to go back and have more added now. I often tell my patients who say that they don't want much added to lips that if they love them when they are swollen come vback in two weeks. We get a lot od two week returns.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

More Restylane can be injected anytime.

+1

when you have had Restylane injected, it may be prudent to wait at least at least a week until all swelling is gone,  This allows a more accurate augmentation buy your doctor.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

How soon after getting Restalyn (sp) lip injections can you get more injected

+1

2 weeks is normally what I recommend before having another filler injected, you should be fine to have your second syringe now