How Soon After Rectocele, Cystocele, and Uterine Prolapse Repair, Can I Have my Tummy Tuck?

I am 35 years old, ideal weight, and in good health. My plastic surgeon wants me to have the vaginal surgeries first and states I can have the tummy tuck 4 weeks later. Is that too soon?

Tummy tuck

+2

The four week interval between the two procedures should be sufficient.  Make sure both surgeons are in agreement that you are ready to proceed with the tummy tuck as planned about a week before the tummy tuck.  Everyone recovers at different rates.  If you are slow to recover from the first surgery, you can always push back the date of the tummy tuck.  I'm sure your plastic surgeon will understand and can give you the best guidance, but a four week interval should work fine.

Timing of Tummy Tuck after Pelvic Floor Repair

+2

The timing of a second surgery after a gynecological procedure depends on your general medical condition as well as your state of mind.  If your health is good and your energy has recovered from your first surgery then the tummy tuck can be scheduled at one month.  if you do not feel ready there is no rush.  Do it when it fits well into your own priorities.

Mary Lee Peters, MD