How Can I Check a Doctor's Certification?

After reading all this I wanted to do a check on the surgeon I used 6 weeks ago in Seattle, but I can not find the surgeon who did my LSL on any medical site, state or otherwise. Just their own site. Is there any other way to check their certifications other than what they say

How to check the Board Certification of your surgeon

+1

If you are having cosmetic surgery , make sure your plastic surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This Board is regulated by the American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS).

Note that there are a lot of other 'boards 'which use the term 'cosmetic surgery' in their name. Likewise, there are a number of 'specialties' operating in the world of medicine who create their own 'board certification' in 'specialties' that are NOT recognized by the ABMS. There is a big difference and in general , the public is not aware of the difference. These 'boards' are not certified by the ABMS and do not follow the same strict requirements of the ABMS.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2009/09/16/board-certification-in-what-specialty-and-by-who/

Medical Board or ABMS

+1

In order to practice medicine in a state, you have to have a medical license in that state. Therefore, checking with the state medical board will tell you some information. If ther person is board certified, you can check with the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). They are the first stop in board certification and will tell you which board certified the surgeon - www.abms.org.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Checking certification

+1

Plastic surgeon certification can be checked with the American Board of Plastic Surgery  (ABPS) or the state board. Each state usually has a website where certification can be searched.

Different ways

+1

You can check with the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for the board certification. The state board will let you know about your doctor's medical license information.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/