How Soon After a Primary Would You Know if Your Nose Might Be Saddling?

I have a definite ledge where the bony part of my upper nose meets the middle vault. It is palpable as well as visible. It distorts the look of my bridge as it does not look smooth and the upper bony part is quite prominent. I had a very low radix before and had a radix graft but I can't see this extending down that far. Otherwise my dorsum was reduced and cartilage was taken from my septum for grafting my tip. This feels very bony so I don't think it can be swelling. Thanks for your opinion!

Saddle Nose after Primary Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine if you're describing a step-off at the bony-cartilaginous junction of your profile or a true saddle. Wait 6-9 months after surgery to evaluate your result and decide if you need a revision and what should be done.

Saddle nose issue

+1

Saddle nose deformities are related to the relationship between the upper bony vault and the middle vault.  A radix graft that is not positioned correctly or trimmed properly may leave small prominences and cause irregularities under the skin. Without an exam it is hard to say.

Troubles with the bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

It seems unlikely that you would have poor support and would develop a saddle after your rhinoplasty. Radix grafts are difficult to blend and can be easy to feel. A photo can help us, but do let your surgeon have a look.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Saddle nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

It does not sound like a saddle deformity and I would need to see a photo to properly advise you.