Safe Way to Lose, Tighten or Improve Tummy Fat?

would lipo dissolve get rid of the flap of fat an skin caused by extreme edema during pregnacy,an a c/section at 36yrs old? I had my only baby at 36yrs old. I developed eclampsia in my 7th mth an as a result had 60pds of fluid weight which has left my tummy looking like a 90yr old with saggy,heavy tummy flap then had an emergency c/section which was done w/out any attempt to remove the massive amount of fat an strecthed out skin. I ve been unable to lose,tighten or improve my problem area sence the surgery in 2006.I have a severe multiple back injury an the added stress on my tummy is only making my injuries worse alot faster. What can I do safely?

This is why a tummy tuck would be best

+1

Great question! A tummy tuck would most likely be the best solution in this case because it would treat the extra fat, the extra skin AND it would also take advantage of the C section scar that you already have.

Work closely with your doctor to design the tummy tuck and the scar that will best fit your body and your lifestyle.

Best.

Lipodissolve, fat, and skin

+1

Beware of Lipodissolve. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has issued some warnings about it.

Read the weblink below about the issue of fat versus skin as far as making the choice between lipo and tummy tuck.

Check out the video link below for info about muscle repair.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2006/09/10/how-do-i-choose-between-tummy-tuck-and-liposuction/

Lipodissolve

+1

Do not use lipo dissolve to treat your condition. You most likely will need a full tummy tuck to treat your laxity and tighten your abdominal muscles.

Don't do lipodissolve for two reasons

+1

I would recommend against Lipodissolve for two reasons: safety and efficacy. Lipodissolve has never been proven to be safe and, in fact, the substances injected are not FDA approved for any indication.

Secondly, it has not been shown to reliably dissolve fat. Even if it did, it sounds as if your problem is related to excess skin in addition to excess fat. There is no way that Lipodissolve could possibly improve your skin laxity.

For these reasons, you would be much better served with a tummy tuck, which can be combined with liposuction to the upper abdomen and flanks, if necessary.

Good Luck!

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Excess tummy skin

+1

It sounds you have extra skin, may be swelling in the skin.

You had severe complications during pregnancy.

See a BOARD CERTIFIED PS he/she will evaluate your skin, muscles and a full medical evaluation by your Family MD and give you their recommendations.

Post-pregnancy abdomen unlikely to be helped by injections

+1

From your description, the issues are all of the things that a tummy tuck helps and none of the things that lipodissolve has been proven to do. Since there is already a C-section scar, that should not be a deterrent. Lipodissolve may help with small and localized fat accumulations but is not a realistic alternative to a tummy tuck. It isn't risk-free either.

Tummy Tuck fits the bill

+1

If you have hanging, loose skin, then a tummy tuck is the right procedure for you. You also likely have muscle weakness from the expansion of your abdominal wall, and that will also be addressed during the tummy tuck. As long as your general health is good, an abdominoplasty procedure is fairly straight forward and can make a drastic change in restoring your pre-pregnancy body. Don't be fooled by the advertising put out by some of the liposuction companies - the minimal amount of skin contracture that occurs with Liposuction is not enough to make a noticeable impact on a stomach that has hanging skin. (And they actually make a tummy tuck procedure more difficult to perform later after you decide that lipo did not deliver the changes as promised. The scar under the skin surface limits the "stretch" of the skin flap.)

Best regards,

Dr.B

Web reference: http://www.thedallasmommymakeover.com/tummy_tuck.html

Lipodissolve MAY help fat but will do NOTHING for muscles or skin or back.

+1

LipoDissolve = Lipo (fat) + dissolve. Your problems are due to a combination of loose skin, separated muscles, and some fat.  Therefore, removing the fat is treating only a part of the problem.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/tummy.html

You need to have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon consultation

+1

I would recommened that you get a cosultation with a board certified plastic surgeon . In the cosultation your doctor will recommened the best treatment for you. Based on the history and your condition ,you will need Tummy tuck.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Safe way to lose, tighten or improve tummy fat

+1

It is hard without a photograph or an examination to postulate what procedure may best resolve your problem. But, it is safe to guess that IF an ABDOMINOPLASTY (Tummy Tuck) COULD be done, it would either largely or completely resolve all your stated issues.

Assuming that you are NOT morbidly obese or have serious medical problems, an Abdominoplasty would totally flatten your tummy, narrow your waist, remove all loose hanging skin, lift a sagging Mons pubis and, if a Lockwood Abdominoplasty is done, even lift your thighs and smooth cellulite dimpling.

There is a difference between "SAFE" and "RISK FREE". The procedure is extremely safe but, like all operation and human endeavors (driving, flying etc) is NOT risk free. Complications are uncommonly seen with it. The VAST MAJORITY of women are extremely happy they had it done and wished they had done it earlier.