After Perlane for Smile Lines, the Skin Under my Nose Creases when I Smile. Will This Go Away?

Everything looks great if I don't smile, but when I do, it looks very odd. Will this go away?

Final results of fillers (Perlane, Restylane, and Juvaderm) will be apparent at approximately 2 weeks

+1

I advise my patients that the final results of their fillers, once all the bruising and swelling has resolved) wont be apparent until 10 days to 2 weeks after injection.  Give it some time.  If you still don't like the results after 2 weeks, the product can be dissolved with some injected Vitrase.  

Perlane and lines

+1

It is very difficult to answer this question without first viewing a photograph of you. You should consider posting pre and post treatment photo's for better assessment.

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

This is most likely related to the increased volume and tissue turgor (stiffness) created by the NLF Perlane.  This should soften in the next few days but as always it's best to ask the MD that did the Facial shaping/contouring with filler.

Perlane enhancement of lip lines

+1

It is difficult to determine the outcome without seeing the final result from the Perlance enhancement of the upper lip. Most vertical lines around the lip is the result of a strong perioral mucscle. The neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin relax the muscle(s) that control the overly pursed appearance. 

Cheryl M. Burgess, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon