How Soon After an Open Revision Rhinoplasty Can I Have Botox Around my Eyes and Forehead?

I'm am now 10 weeks post op & I am wondering if it is now ok to have botox around my eyes and forehead or is it still too soon and can it affect the healing process?

Botox after Rhinoplasty, how long to wait?

+3

I have performed both Rhinoplasty and Botox injections for over 20 years and I'd have no worries about giving a patient Botox to the Glabella and Forehead the same time as their Rhinoplasty or at anytime post-op, so IMHO...you could have your Botox anytime since it will not interfere with your healing from your Rhinoplasty in any way.

10 weeks after a rhinoplasty should be appropriate for Botox injections

+3

I would say that you should be fine to undergo Botox treatments at 10 weeks following a rhinoplasty.  Although it can take longer than a year for all the swelling to subside and complete healing to take place, a significant enough amount of swelling should be reduced to allow for safe Botox injections.  Of course, checking with your surgeon to make sure that he/she is ok with it first always makes sense.

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

You should not have any problems with Botox injections 10 weeks afte a revision rhinoplasty. I routinely tell my patients to wait 4-6 weeks.

Botox after Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Summertime_1,

There should be no complications receiving Botox at this point. I would ask your surgeon if he/she feels that you are ready to receive Botox. I have patients that undergo Botox 8 weeks after a Rhinoplasty procedure.

Best of luck to you!

Dr. Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no reason you can't get BOTOX right now.

+2

It is true that rhinoplasty times time to heal.  However at 10 weeks out, it is completely safe to have BOTOX at this point.  Your rhinoplasty will have absolutely no bearing on the BOTOX service.

When to get botox after nose job

+2

Hi Summertime,

Talk to your surgeon. You should be able to get botox any time. There will be no effect on your post-rhinoplasty healing. Good luck and hope you have a great result. 

Jason Litner, MD

Botox after nasal surgery

+2

The Botox in and of itself should not retard healing. I think you can proceed. The muscular landmarks should be clearly visible by now

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Botox After Rhinoplasty- When To Inject

+2

There is no perfect time after rhinoplasty to get Botox, but it should be safe to get Botox several weeks after surgery.  You want the muscles to be more visible and the swelling around your nose to come down before getting a Botox injection.

10 weeks after rhinoplasty should be plenty of time for a lot of your post-surgical swelling to have dissipated.  Check with your plastic surgeon, but now is probably a great time to undergo Botox.

Roy Kim, MD

Botox After Rhinoplasty

+1

10 weeks after a Rhinoplasty, there is no contraindication to having Botox.  There will be no delay in your healing process.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Problem with Botox

+1

No problem, after your revision rhinoplasty you should have no problem and you can go ahead with the Botox now. 

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon