Should I Do My Follow Ups After Nose Surgery if I Feel Fine?

After nose surgery I removed bandage It's been two weeks I am felling better and I am taking my medicine I just have normal swelling Shall I see my Doctor time to time or its ok?

Follow Up Visits after Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

I would recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon as scheduled.  I am happy to hear that you are pleased with your early post-operative results, and this is a good sign that you will continue to be pleased with your results.  The shape of the nose continues to change and evolve over the course of a full year after surgery as swelling diminishes, tissues heal, and the cartilages accommodate to the shaping performed during rhinoplasty.  Usually, these changes are subtle positive changes.  Occasionally, however, there can be difficulties during the course of healing that your plastic surgeon can recognize and treat when you continue to see your surgeon in follow up.  This will maximize your chance of an excellent long term result.

Dr. Skourtis 

Follow up after nasal surgery

+2

You should continue to see your surgeon until he/she discharges you from care.It's better to let the professional decide.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Hello

+1

In our practice we do follow our patients for a few months after surgery. If you feel good and don’t want to follow up make sure you let your surgeon now so he can give you final advice to get you the best care. it’s always good to follow up once in a while.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Follow-ups are always important after surgery...

+1

I hope all patients attend regular follow-ups with their surgeons.  It is important for both the patient and the surgeon to observe the result as it develops.  The patient benefits from early detection of any pending problem and the surgeon benefits from seeing the result of the operation.  The art of surgery is best evaluated by the results obtained.  Without follow-up, the surgeon cannot properly evaluate his or her practice.  This ongoing commitment to learning and refinement of skills is necessary for all doctors.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Continue to follow up after rhinoplasty

+1

You should definitely continue to follow up with your surgeon as scheduled.

The nasal shape continues to evolve during the healing process that can take 1 year.  Even after that, you might see further changes down the line. There may be small adjunct procedures that your surgeon might want to do during the early healing phases, if indicated. For instance, sometimes applying tape or placing a steroid injection into the supratip region is beneficial to decrease fullness and improve your result. The bottom line is, try to follow your postoperative instructions as closely as possible.

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty follow up is a yes

+1
I prefer to follow up my patients for several months to a year post surgery! Of course after that and while they are happy and doing fine I like to see them as they are all kind of family. Most of them bring in friends family etc and it is comforting to see them and know what is going on in their lives since their surgery. With this said I also have many patients from out of state, country and those with extremely hectic schedules so if you can stop in at three months, six months and a year follow up if close by I am sure your surgeon would appreciate it!

Michael Elam, MD

Continue follow up

+1

Yes, it is important to continue following up with your surgeon throughout the first year of surgery. The nose will continue to heal and in my practice I want to make sure the process is takliung the proper course over the entire year.

Richard Balikian, M.D.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon