After a Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) Does Your Nose Ever Become As Strong As Before?

After a Nose-Job I'm willing to wait 3 - 4 months and I will not get into any physical sports or try to even touch it or get hurt there? Is it possible that maybe I apply something to the nose and eat healthy, will my nose become as strong as it was before. I heard they take out your nose bone in a nose job. Does that mean it can never be as strong as it was before? I'm willing to wait but can I make it or will it become as strong as it was before the nose job?

Nasal integrity

+1

The human body is amazing in its ability to heal.  Any bony fracture controlled or traumatic will heal to its fullest strength in 6-7 weeks.  You would be able to resume full pre surgical activitys at this point.  Hope this helps.

Post Rhinoplasty Strength

+1

Once the bones are fully healed, usually in six weeks, your nose should be as strong as before.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

It would be best to refrain form participating in contact sports for at least 6 months while your nose heals. After that time period, you should still be careful and avoid contact to the area as much as possible. Cartilage may be removed, but your nasal bones will remain intact. Depending on your individual circumstances, osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) may be performed. Your bones will be about 95% as strong as they were before after about 6 months.  In some cases, it may take longer. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Your nose can be as strong after a Rhinoplasty

+1

Of course your nose can be as strong after a Rhinoplasty.  The bones are removed or fractured using surgical techniques which are not as traumatic or damaging, to the nose, as a fracture from sports or blunt impact.  After a Rhinoplasty, the nose does heal and is quite strong after a month or two.  The swelling, within the nasl tissues, can take 4-12 months to disappear but the structure of the nose is strong.

Recovery after a "nose job"

+1

Pieces of the nasal bones and cartilage may be removed, but the nasal bones are not removed.In most cases nasal bones will heal to thier original strength in 4 to 6 wks. if you box , kick box, do judo or play hockey without protection your chances of a fracture are the same as if you hadn't  had surgery.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Strength of nose after rhinoplasty

+1

My feeling is that your noseshould be as strong as pre op in six weeks. I also don't believe that supplements or diet will give much help.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD