After my First Treatment of Botox Jaw Reduction, when Will I Start to See the Result and when Should I Schedule 2nd Treatment?

About 2 weeks or so

+1
It can take up to two weeks for the Botox to take full effect, although before this time you'll probably notice some improvement. A follow up should be scheduled after about 2 weeks. Another treatment may be scheduled around 3-4 months, although it could be longer depending on how this first treatment is. 

Long Beach Jaw Shaping and Masseter Reduction

+1

Hi Kellie.  Thanks for writing.  Our expectation for our jaw shaping patients is that they should visit every 4-6 months, 2-3 times per year.  We do have patients that exhibit a nice reduction after the first treatment, but true muscle atrophy (shrinking) occurs slowly over a period of time (1 year).  To get the most out of this treatment, remain consistent in your visits.  Good luck.

The photos at the link below show excellent progress for this procedure. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Results after Botox treatment for masseter reduction

+1

You will begin to see a reduction after 1-2 days and maximal results after a week.  If this is your first treatment, following up 1-2 weeks after the treatment will allow your doctor to assess your muscles and determine if your muscle is adequately treated.  If you have a strong muscle, you may need some additional units of Botox.  Once the masseter is fully relaxed, serial treatments can be given every 3-4 months.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox to jaw muscles

+1

Botox results will be shown within 7-10 days. We usually recommend scheduling your second Botox treatment to your masseter muscle in 3 months, and then after that you can usually push treatments out to about 4 months. But it really depends on the strength of your muscle.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD