How soon after my first set of lip injections can I get another round?

I'm getting Juvederm on May 22. When I talked to them on the phone, they said that usually people only get a 1cc syringe administered on their lips and that it tends to be plenty. Although, I am looking for dramatically larger lips. I am only going to have enough money for one syringe at this point, but a week or 2 after I will have enough money for another round (if this is appropriate). I have seen photos where people have had multiple sets of injections and achieved the look I desire.

Lip Augmentation

+2
Lip augmentation can usually be accomplished with a 1cc syringe, however, this will certainly depend on what your starting volume is and your desired results.

It is perfectly safe to start with1cc and then wait 2 weeks to see if additional filler is needed. The downside to this is that you will have another week or two of swelling and bruising with the second injection. Alternatively, you could wait another 2 weeks when you have the funds for more than 1cc and do it all at once.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Mesa Plastic Surgeon

+2
This plan is fine. I usually recommend being very conservative with lip injections as you want to look natural and your lips need to fit the rest of your features. 1 syringe (1 mL) is usually adequate for most. However, at two weeks, if you desire more filler you can have additional Juvederm injected without any additional risk. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1
Lip filler generally takes about 2 weeks for the product to settle and the swelling to subside.   If at 2 weeks you wish to have another syringe injected i would consult with your injector to see if it is recommended . 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

When to repeat lip filler

+1
For the lips, I'd advise starting with 1cc (1 syringe) if treating both upper and lower lip. I then would have you come back after 2 weeks, and then we decide whether you might benefit from another 0.5-1cc more filler. I'd say 80-90% of patients are perfectly happy with 1cc of filler for the lips (but it depends on your age, starting point, expectations etc).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

1 month at least between lip Juvederm

+1
Wait a month to see what you get and then add a second.  After that wait another month or more before the possible third.    Be patient.  Many patients find happiness with just one or 2 syringes.   There is no rush and going step by step affprds a better outcome.    My Best ..Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1
I would recommend waiting about 2 weeks after your first treatment before considering additional filler. The following may be present after your first round of injections:

1) Swelling 
2) Bruising

Waiting for 2 weeks will allow any residual swelling to subside, and give you a better idea of the final result of the treatment. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lip injections

+1
That sounds appropriate. I usually start my patients with 0.5cc to 1cc and if they desire more filler, I usually have them wait 2-4 weeks(to allow swelling/bruising to subside) for the next round of injections. I hope this helps. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How soon after my first set of lip injections can I get another round

+1
Yes, you can have another injection into your lips within 2 weeks following the first injection.  You may decide that you are happy with 1 syringe, but if not, another can be added fairly soon.

Filler for lip augmentation

+1
It will take about 2 weeks to see the full benefit of the filler injections for your lips.  If you decide that you would like more filler at that time, you can go ahead with another treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip filler

+1
I agree with all of the other responders: 2 weeks is an appropriate amount of time to wait before repeat injection. This will provide enough time for all the swelling and inflammation to resolve, allowing your cosmetic practitioner to adequately assess the result.

Daniel P. Friedmann, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon