How Soon After my First Breast Reduction Can I Have a Second?

I had my first reduction about a year ago when I was 20. My chest had been at a 34 DDD for 3 years at that point with no variation, so I thought they had stopped fully growing. I had a "T" breast reduction and went down to a full C. However, not even six months after my surgery my breasts started to grow back. One year later I am back to DDD, with the same amount of back pain as before. My weight and exercise level has stayed the same. Is it possible to redo this quickly?

Second breast reduction

+1

I agree with my colleague that it will be important for you to be evaluated for why you have increased in breast size. Then you should be able to have a second reduction. You should be aware, however, that the complication rate with a second reduction is somewhat higher than with a first one and it will be important for your second surgeon (assuming it is not the same one) to have the details of what the first procedure was. I usually request a copy of the first operative report so that I know what the first surgery entailed. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

How Soon before Repeat Breast Reduction?

+1

Given your rapid increase in breast size, despite maintaining a stable weight after your initial breast reduction procedure, it will be best for you to undergo a medical workup to evaluate the potential causes of increased breast size.  At the top of my list would be the possibility of  hormonal/endocrine causes of breast hypertrophy.

Once this medical evaluation has been completed, you will be able to undergo repeat breast reduction surgery if you so choose. It would be helpful for you to have the procedure performed by the same plastic surgeon or retrieve the previous plastic surgeon's operative report before proceeding.

Breast reduction revision

+1

A revision breast reduction may be possible if you are breasts are too large. An exam in person is key.

Hello

+1

If its been 1 year you are ready to do another breast reduction . You should get a comsultation with a certified PS to get your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS