After 9 Months is It Ok to Do a Revision On Nose? (Photos)

I'm close to 5 months post op open rhino, right now I dont like my nostrils they are too wide and too big, the tip is too big and it projects too much, first will the shape of the nostril and tip of nose change in the coming months? And after 9 months if I'm not satisfied, can I do a revision? Thank you

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+2

It is reasonable to consider a revision rhinoplasty at this stage if the changes of the healing phase have come to an end.  One test for this is if the swelling has gone.  If the tip of the nose is soft and wiggles like it used to then the swelling is gone, if it is still stiff then there is still some change to be had  and it may be worth seeing if this resolves your issues.

If this is not the case, it is reasonable to perform the revision if the surgeon agrees that the revision will achieve the goals you have.

All the best

Jeremy Hunt

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

9 Months is Too Soon for Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

Nine months is too soon to consider revision rhinoplasty, in general.  Not knowing exactly what was done makes it difficult to speak directly to you.  Many patients are uneasy about their nose for several months following a rhinoplasty.  Changes occur slowly over at least 12 months.  Healing of normal tissue, scar maturation, graft assimilation, and skin contraction come together over time.  Be patient and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

When to do revision rhinoplasty.

+2

A revision can be done for the issues u mention IF there is little improvement between 6 and 9 months and the skin over the tip is soft. 

When to consider a revision of a rhinoplasty

+2

If the tip of your nose is still very firm then it is too early to consider a revision of your rhinoplasty. I would give it at least 9 to 12 months before you should consider a revision but this is up to your plastic surgeon.  

Nasal Revion 9 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

I will never pick an exact date when a revision rhinoplasty should be done. As long as the nose is changing healing is still progressing and I will not surgically intervene .