Nose Tip Still Hasn't Gone Down 6 Months Post-op, Still a Chance for a Change?

Hello, i´ve had a revision surgery because my nose was a little crooked and asymmetric after my first surgery which was six years ago. actually this little flaw was not even that noticeable. my current doctor used spreader grafts and he corrected my tip a little which wasn`t that straight. (at his opinion). Now i am six months post and my nose looks wider than my old one and the tip still is round. Especially in photos my nose looks like a clump which is very frustrating to me.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty can take up to 1 year to go away

+1

I would continue to wait.  Swelling in the tip area, especially after revision rhinoplasty can take up to a year to resolve in some cases.  Keep in close contact with your doctor. Sometimes a kenalog injection can help.  Hang in there!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty wideness and tip fulness resolution

+1

Given what was done to your nose (spreader grafts, tip work) you certainly have continued, expected swelling in your nose. Especially after revision surgery, it can take over 12 months for the tissue swelling to resolve.

In my experience, if you give your nose time to heal you will likely see gradual improvement even past the first couple years. The benefit of this approach is that you will hopefully have a very durable result once your nose has healed fully.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

Based upon your posted photos I believe there is ONLY a minor change in the result. Waiting another 6 months will not show much more improvement, Sorry. 

Nasal tip edema six months post op

+1

It may take over a year for all swelling to resolve.  This takes even longer with revision surgery.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year. It will go down by then and it takes this long especially in revisions. 

Tip

+1

In my experience, the nasal tip takes the longest to heal. The feeling of hardness takes a long time and probably longer in a revision because of the scarring. The effect of spreader grafts is to widen the middle 1/3 . This is done for breathing or to keeo a nose from retwisting

David A. Bray, Sr., MD