After several months of use, how anal do I have to be with sun exposure?

When my skin has gotten used to vitamin a levels and ive used retin A for several months up to a year, do i still have to wear hats and avoid the sun or can i just use a vitamin c serum and a high spf sunscreen during the day?

Sun Exposure

+1
Thank you for your question. After use of Retin A your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight and will burn more easily. High spf sunblock in addition to wearing your hat and sunglasses will certainly reduce the likelihood of sun burn. The increased risk of sun burn may be modest but could also be impacted by the local climate.

Sun exposure and retin-A

+1
Retin-A or tretinoin makes you a little more sensitive to the sun meaning you will burn more easily. As long as you're wearing your hat and sunscreen which you should always do (for skin cancer, wrinkle, and sun spot prevention), there is no problem. You don't have to go crazy about it as the increased risk of a sunburn is quite modest. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon