After a Month Rhinoplasty Not Happy with the Result?

My nose was broken 15 years ago and it was bent towards right .After having surgery done a month ago , still the same . not as bad as before but still not perfectly straight .been told from my doctor that it will be Ok and i should use plaster to support the nose for at least two months after surgery . i dont have problem with size but can my Nose Be Straight Again? Thanks Dave

Crooked nose before and after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult, if not impossible, to perfectly straighten a crooked nose during surgery.  That being said, you should achieve significant improvement in the allignment of the nose following rhinoplasty.  I don't think wearing a plaster cast for 2 months is going to help.  Nasal exercises (vigorous massage of the nose) can help model cartilage in the early post operative period if it is the bottom half of the nose that seems crooked.  If it is the boney top half of the nose, then further surgery may be requried down the road.  Photographs would be very helpful.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

One Month After Attempted Crooked Nose Repair

+1

Dave, unfortunately, your nose will never be perfectly straight - even after having surgery by some of the finest rhinoplasty surgeons around. The more realistic goal in situations like yours is to achieve improvement in the alignment. You (and everyone else) will always have some degree of asymmetry between the two sides. That being said, it is also realistic to expect fairly good symmetry after rhinoplasty surgery to correct a crooked nose. Photos of your nose would help further in terms of recommendations.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nasal curvature

+1

It can be difficult to impossible to get a nose to be perfectly straight after a sigificant deviation.  Hard to say without an exam.

Straight Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Pictures and an exam would certainly help to give a better evaluation of your question.  The bony portion is usually easier to improve and straighten than the cartilaginous portion.  The cartilage can be altered by suture techniques and grafts.  Irregularities may be camouflaged with cartilage grafts and can sometimes give a straighter appearance.  You should wait at least 6 months to a year to heal before undergoing another rhinoplasty.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA