After Mons Pubis Lipo, How Long is It Necessary to Wear a Compression Garment?

I have had liposuction on my mons pubis only. It is not very swollen but slightly bruised on my inner thighs.. It is looking really flat at a week postop. I have been wearing a garment all the time when I am home and spanx when I go out. We

Garment after liposuction

+2

Wearing a garment after lipo helps to reduce swelling and provide comfort by supporting the area that was suctioned. There is no right or wrong answer as to how long to wear your garment, but some guidelines are:

• follow your doctor's advice; each doc has his/her own preferences
  • wear the surgical garment in the first one to two weeks; then transition to something like Spanx
  • wean off your garment; if you take it off and feel more uncomfortable or swollen, get it back on
  • wear a Spanx for several weeks after you ditch the surgical garment
  • always check with your doctor if you have any questions

I hope this helps!

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long Should I Wear a Compression Garment For?

+1

Every surgeon's preference is different as to length of time one should wear a compression garment post-liposuction. I ask that patients wear their garment full-time for the first 10 days and 12 hours for the second ten days.

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Garment after liposuction

+1

I usually recommend wearing the garment (24 hours a day, except when showering) for 4 weeks after liposuction.  My patients then wear the garment at night for an additional 2 weeks.  The garment really helps decrease swelling and most patients find that they like the support it provides.  Most people downsize to a "second stage" garment (usually a size smaller and tighter) at 2 weeks post-op.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

How Long is It Necessary to Wear a Compression Garment After Liposuction of the Mons Pubis?

+1

Dear Kasey16,

I would check with your surgeon for specific postoperative instructions. A compression garment is important to wear after liposuction because it helps reduce swelling and improve comfort. I generally recommend to my patients that they wear their garment for a period of two to six weeks after the procedure.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Liposuction garments

+1

I usually have my patients wear a liposuction compression garment for at least 3 weeks, but I prefer about 6 weeks.  There is no right or wrong just surgeon preference.

+1

I agree with Dr Finder, there is no right or wrong amount of time. My average recommendation is from 3 to 6 weeks.