After a Moderate Hit on the Nose Will There Be Permanent Damage to a Straight Nose?

12 days ago my friend accidently hit me with a plastic sled on top of the nose with the attempt to cover my head. It wasn't too much of a hard hit but it felt pretty intense because I was scared of the aftermath. My nose didn't bleed or turn purple it left behind a "dorsal hump" at the top start of my nose. I'm really worried and wondering if this will be permanent. What are the chances of it disappearing? Should I be icing it? I didn't ice it the day of. Is it swollen? or permanent?

Nasal trauma

+2

Hard to say what the long term effect will be without examing you.   Sometimes the bump is due to some swelling that may get better with time.

Damage after Nasal Trauma

+1

At 12 days, it is impossible to determine if there will be any permanent change in nasal shape or function. If you have the time and money I suggest you get a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgteon.

After a moderate hit on the nose will there be permanent damage to a straight nose

+1

Maybe but an inperson examination is needed with an intra nasal evaluation. I think you do not have any deformity. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B