After Mastopexy One of my Nipples is VERY Low.

After Mastopexy  One of my Nipples is VERY Low.  My PS said he would fix it..but i have to wait 3 or 4 months. How does this work and will thiss affect my anchor scars?

Correction of postop nipple asymmetry

+1
Your plastic surgeon is correct. It is important to give the breasts a chance to settle down before reoperating. Altering the nipple height would not affect the anchor suture. The revision would align the nipples and create a more asymmetrical appearance of the breasts.

Assymetry post breast lift surgery

+1

I agree with your surgeon. It is best to wait at least 3-4 months to allow the breasts to settle and take shape before considering breast revisionary surgery. Assymetry is normal the first couple months post-surgery. Be patient and communicate your questions/concerns clearly with your surgeon.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Nipple malposition following mastopexy.

+1

It is not uncommon for a mild degree of nipple malposition following mastopexy, usually due to uneven swelling of the breasts following surgery. However, for a large discrepancy, revision is usually necessary. If your surgeon wishes to wait 3-4 months for correction, it is to allow the breasts to settle and for swelling to subside so that the correction places the nipple level with the opposite breast.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nipple low after mastopexy

+1

I think it is wise to wait a period of time to make sure that both breasts have settled to their final position.  The nipple should be able to be lifted to approximate the other breast and not affect the anchor scar.   Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Asymmetry of Nipples after Mastopexy

+1

Without before and after pictures it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, it sounds like your surgeon is giving you good advice to wait several months before considering revision surgery.  You are in luck, however, that the nipple is low, since raising the nipple is a much easier procedure to lowering it.  Raising the nipple should not affect your anchor incision.  It will likely just make it look more symmetric.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

+1

Healing can be for a few months so the surgeon is correct in waiting. Always a risk for additional scarring, best to discuss with the surgeon of record. 

Revision of a mastopexy

+1

It is very possible to elevate a nipple that is lower than the other.  Your surgeon is right in asking you to wait 3-4 months for the swelling to settle down so the revision is safer and works better.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Nipple asymmetry

+1

If you just had a mastopexy and one nipple is a bit low, it is fairly straightforward to raise it, but like your surgeon stated, you want to wait a few months until things heal.

Let breasts heal before revision surgery for nipple/areolar position

+1

Be patient.  Waiting before undergoing revision surgery will give your surgeon the best opportunity to know exactly where to place the nipple/areola to match the opposite side.  Best wishes

Louise Ferland, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Nipple asymmetry

+1
To have one nipple lower than the other is not uncommon. The reason to wait three months is to allow your breasts to achieve their final shape and position after your most recent surgery. To revise the nipple position now would be premature because it is like trying to hit a moving target. Your plastic surgeon would not know where exactly it should go in order to end up in just the right spot after three months. Having to wait must be excruciating but know that this will likely give you the best result. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD