Sex After Male Tummy Tuck?

Hi, My husband had a tummy tuck with muscle repair of a 2cm diastasis 12 days ago. When is he able to resume sexual activities? His recovery has been great and complication free. Thanks

Sex After Tummy Tuck

+2

It is typical for patients to wait about 2-3 weeks after a tummy tuck to resume sexual activity, but it mainly is based on comfort level.  Most patients find that gentle sexual activity is comfortable after 3 weeks and sexual activity without restrictions after about 6 weeks.  I hope this is helpful. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Sex After Male Tummy Tuck?

+1

I recommend that you touch base with your husband's surgeon to gain the most insightful answer. However, 2-4 weeks following the procedure offers a realistic window to resume regular activities, within reason. About 6-8 weeks out you and your husband should be able to engage without complication. But this is all in theory, we cannot speak in exactitudes without the insight that your surgeon provides. 

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD