After MACS face lift can anything be done to remove matriarchal lines and improve a not so firm jaw line?

Macs face lift 14 months ago. From three months I felt the jaw line wasn't as firm as I had hoped and now matriarch lines appear as bad as before lift. I feel as if one side if my jaw looks puffy and the other sagging. I am 60 years old, perhaps the macs lift was the wrong procedure for my age!

Suboptimal results after MACS lift. You don't necessarily need a "different" lift technique, just a better-performed second one!

You are now over one year from your MACS lift, and your results will not "get better" with any additional passage of time.

A properly-performed MACS lift in an appropriate candidate can be a wonderful limited-incision option, but it often cannot address the anterior jowl or submental areas alone without additional steps. Without photos or personal examination it would be wrong to criticize your surgeon's choice of procedure or his/her technical execution of the actual operation, but it seems clear from your description that you require "more" than was provided. This means more surgery, perhaps a different type of procedure (more extensive lifting) and slightly different incisions.

The good news is that a well-performed SMAS facelift with incisions that extend behind the ear and into the pre-auricular and post-auricular scalp are just as hidden and invisible when healed as the MACS lift incisions. Of course, that implies proper incision placement and good healing. but the only visible incision with both limited-incision facelifts AND full SMAS facelifts is the one in front of the ear, so choose your surgeon and his/her preferred technique and incision placement with care.

You should see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with significant facelift experience (that implies a fair degree of seniority and good before and after photographs, all of which should be evidenced by member ship in the ASAPS (aesthetic society) as well as ASPS membership.) Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon