After Lower Bleph. Is This Fat Repositioning or Swelling? (Photo)

I had upper and lower bleph and temple lift 8 days ago. The lower appears to be fat repositioned that is worse than it was. Will this go away and settle down? How does it look? Is this just normal?

Swelling after Blepharoplasty surgery

+2

8 days out from surgery is much too early to declare a problem with fat repositioning. This photograph appears mainly to be swelling. And the lower lids always swell the most from four lid surgery due to gravity and the delicate nature of the eyelids. The normal healing process for this type of surgery is always at its worst in the first week and then improves quickly over the coming weeks. It still takes a few monrhs to fully and completely settle/heal so patience is always required when healing from any surgery around the eyes.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid Blepharoplasty

+1

You are still relatively early in the recovery process so I would not recommend you make any judgements as to your final result.  Swelling is normal with the procedures you had and will take time to resolve.  Be patient and stay in contact with your surgeon who will help guide you through the recovery process.  I am sure you will do great and be happy with final result.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

LeBeau Clinic

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon