After 3 lots of surgery to correct a severe trauma/break to my nose I feel it looks worse than ever. Can anything else be done?

The first op was to pull my nose back out of my face as it was pushed inwards. The second op was to rebrake the nose and straighten. Its been two weeks since my third op in which the surgeon has taken a piece of cartilidge from my ear to replace the crumbled cartilidge on the right side of my nose and straighten the tip. I'm really disappointed with the result and feel like it looks a lot worse. There is a lump where the cartilidge has been placed and the whole nose still deviates to the left.

Revision rhinoplasty after three surgeries.

+2

Revision rhinoplasty after three surgeries requires leaving the full one year since your last surgery. The swelling during the first 12 months can distort the nose and that is why we wait a full year before starting a revision.

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Nasal surgery

+1

You need to wait for things to heal at least one year before seeking additional surgery. Only then can you see what needs to be corrected. Donald R. Nunn MD Altanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD