After How Long I Can Do Nose Revision?

I am 16 years old and I had rhinoplasty 3 months ago. My nose is upturned and I really hate it:( After how long I can do revision? And how my nose can be fixed?

Time to nasal revision afetr a primary Rhinoplasty

+2

The time between a primary rhinoplasty and revisional surgery is dependent on what was done at the initial rhinoplasty. If the area for revision is the nasal tip I would defer surgery for six to twelve months .If the area for revision is not the tip of the nose it could be addressed depending on the problem.

RHINOPLASTY REVISION/WAIT TIME

+1

It is usually suggested that a patient wait for 1 year before attempting to a have rhinoplasty  revision.  It takes approximately 1 year for all of the swelling to be reduced and the appearance of the nose can go through some visual changes during this time.

David Alessi, MD

Revision rhinoplasty timing.

+1

In order to proceed with a full revision rhinoplasty it is generally recommended to wait 1 year in order for the tissues to complete the healing process.  Although, the party line is that changes continue to occur for up to year, I find that at 3 months if the patient is not happy with the outcome future changes in shape are generally insufficient to make them happy at one year. I would revisit with your initial rhinoplasty surgeon and discuss matters with that individual.  If you are uncomfortable with the surgeon's handling of your concerns then I would obtain other opinions. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Sorry that you are unhappy. Usually you have to wait about a year for the swelling to subside and for the tissues to heal before undergoing a revision.

How long to wait for revision rhinoplasty

+1

We usually recommend waiting about a year to allow the nose to settle and the scarring/inflammation to calm down. You may find that the upturned nature of your nose will settle it heals.

It's usually best to get a good sense of the nose's baseline before doing a revision.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

How long to revision rhino

+1

the standard answer to this question is one year

it takes about that much time to for all of the edema and inflamation of surgery to resolve, for the tissues to soften, and to see a near final result (changes can continue to occure for years)

with that said, given that you are only at 3 mo you may see changes in the next few months that make you more comfortable with you results

if not visit with someone with experience with revision

rhinoplasty is complex, revisions are very complex - skill is needed

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD