After How Long I Can Say Im in Safe From Infection Post-BBL?

after the brazilian but lift surgiry , how many days must be bass to say im in safe from the infection ? and when the swelling and bruising must be go ? thanx

Infection after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Hi there-

Surgical infections usually present 7-10 days after surgery, I usually tell my patients to expect swelling to persist for 6 weeks or so.

I would say that if you are healing well after 2-3 weeks, the likelihood of infection is very low, although minor infections of the incisions can occur even months after the surgery, due to their proximity to the anus.

It varies, infection usually is seen around day 3-10.

+2

Infection from the fat grafting part of a brazilian buttock lift usually present itself somewhere between day 3-10 after surgery but this depends on how much of the fat is non-viable and what bacteria becomes involved in the infection.  Fairly rare to see infection in the first few days and far beyond 2 weeks after surgery.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Brazilian butt lift and infection

+1

There are a typical infections that can occur. Mycobacterium and fungus are 2 of the causes of these atypical type of infections. These infections can occur weeks are even months after the fat injection. A typical bacterial infection usually take place in days to maybe one week after surgery but these atypical infections can take place long after that.

Most of my patients after the Brazilian butt lift will notice a decrease in size in the buttocks for the 1st 2 weeks after that the size is maintained but the swelling may take up to 3 months or more to completely go away.

Wendell Perry, MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

After brazilian butt lift, sweling and bruising may persist for 4-6 weeks. Swelling may persisit longer. Infection is a risk up to 3-4 weeks.