After Liposuction my Abdomen Feels Like a Swollen Balloon? (photo)

dear, I did liposuction on 29 September 2012. Before the liposuction my weight was 67/68 kilo and they removed 5.2 liter fat! My weight is now 69 kilo..i did not eat more then before! My abdomen feels like a balloon and i am worried. I am still not seeing any result. Will this change or why is it my abdomen so much swollen after so many weeks. PLs help me ...i am very worried about the result. Thank you.

Hello

+2

Swelling takes 6-12 months for you to see final results. Are you wearing your compression garment to help with the shaping and swelling.

Swelling after liposuction

+2

Swelling after liposuction can last for up to 6 months, so no need to worry!  Most of the swelling goes down by 3 months.  The amount of swelling is often proportional to the amount of fat removed from a specific area, and 5.2 liters is a lot of fat from just the abdomen.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling and Weight Gain After Liposuction

+1

Swelling and weight gain after liposuction is common.  Compression can help with the contours afterwards, but swelling may last 6 months.

After Liposuction my Abdomen Feels Like a Swollen Balloon?

+1

A before posted photo would have been very helpful. But please seek second opinions in person to see if you are retaining fluids.